Monday, December 1, 2008

A day just for me

Finally, a holiday devoted to me and my kind that I can truly, truly relate to.

The day after Christmas, Dec. 26, is National Whiners Day. I can't wait.

I don't know if I've always been a whiner or if the people I know now just bring it out in me -- but for the last three years I've become somewhat of a whining icon. I even won a "High Maintenance Award" in 2006 from my then-editor.

Whining truly is a craft. I don't whine like my 13-year-old daughter whines -- you know, with the foot stomping and "it's not fair!" declaration at every turn. I apparently got so good at disguising my whines that for the longest time I didn't realize that what I was doing actually WAS whining. Until I asked my friends. Co-workers. Family. Kids.

Oh, yeah. I'm a whiner.

No comments: