Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thumbs up

Last week I wrote about my pending order with a local Angel Food Ministries distribution site and noted that I'd check back with my thoughts.

I'm impressed.

The distribution site I chose is the closest to my home and is in a small town, so the numbers they serve each much (about 30) are much smaller than those served by Cedar Rapids sites. That would be the reason -- that, and the uber-efficient assembly line-like process of bagging the food -- that my first stop was so fast, in and out in less than 10 minutes.

But that wasn't the most impressive part of the order. The food was top-quality. My order included four individually frozen strip steaks with a very small amount of marbling; 1.5 pounds of pork ribs; 1.5 pounds of chicken breasts; breaded chicken nuggets; a salisbury steak frozen dinner (great for the kids on the nights I work late), and a host of other things.

Not bad for $30.

No comments: